There are 40 days between now and when I learn if my IVF was successful. 40 difficult days.
Unfortunately, as the past few weeks haved progressed, I’ve become increasingly worried about the IVF process. Instead of remaining a ball of stress and upset, I am going to focus on diminishing both, daily. To start, on the advice of the lovely Sarra, I downloaded some meditations from http://www.healthjourneys.com/.
And for the next 40 days, I am going to spend a minimum of 40 minutes, everyday, on me. I’ve started a list of ideas, and in fact, have already scheduled some appointments. My list will be evolving and I will cronicle it over there on my right sidebar. Today, I had a massage, my first ever. It was strange and new, yet wonderful.
Some of the ideas for my destress list are:
- Indulging in gelato or insanely expensive chocolates, or a special dessert (mmm)
- Lazing in a a bubble bath (and hey, I get to shop for pretty smelling soapy/candley things too)
- Reading a fluffy magazine at the coffee shop
- Strolling around the lake at the park
- Enjoying a date night or picnic with my husband
- Stretching, breathing, & meditating
- Ambling to the farmer’s market
- Indulging in an afternoon nap
- Shopping for makeup & accessories
- Baking (this is one of my favorite things to do)
I had hope to go for a walk at the park tomorrow, however it is supposed to rain. So I am going to take a nice bubble bath and then meditate.