There is, indeed, ONE blob (er embryo) in my uterus. We saw both the gestational sac and the yolk sac today. My 3rd BETA was fantastic at 3012 and my P4 is holding at 23. And can I say, THANK YOU GOD that our embryo did not split into two. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Next up, the hematologist on Wednesday, the MFM on Tuesday and another ultrasound with my RE on Thursday. In between all of that craziness, I am headed to Boston to help my sister with some wedding appointments.
We would like to keep this pregnancy on the DL until the beginning of the second trimester. However, in mid-August we are supposed to journey to Cape Cod for our annual, immediate family beach vacation. I have been dealing with some obvious nausea and have completely changed my diet and drinking habits so there will simply be no way to hide this pregnancy from people who know me well. The timing really is piss poor. And that includes the upcoming wedding planning weekend with my sister. But, I want to see my brother and his 3 children and hate the idea of missing out. Ideally, we would like to keep this pregnancy from as many family members as we can till the beginning of the second trimester, and frankly, we’d rather not tell anyone else till about 24 weeks. That’s quite a lofty goal though.