Today, we made the decision to immediately PGS test our 2 recent embryos.
It was a gamble.
Unless this test returns 2 chromosomally normal embryos, the general consensus is we should do one last fresh cycle.
The end goal has always been 4 frozen, chromosomally normal embryos. 1 to risk with me, 2 for a gestational carrier, and 1 extra (just in case something doesn’t survive the thaw).
And let’s be honest, we’d like the chance of a baby boy in our future.
Statistically, we have 50% chance of getting 1 normal embryo. But we could get 2 bad ones, or 2 good ones.
It would of been cheaper to PGS test embryos from 2 IVF cycles that were batched, so this could backfire.