Scratch Off

I had a lining scratch/biopsy yesterday and I also requested an updated E2 blood draw. My doctor and I discussed how my body held on to the Delestrogen inordinately longer than most others. In fact, it took 50+ days to recalibrate my cycle after the medicated FET. I was happy to learn my E2 finally dropped (from 237 to 81) so a proper bleed is imminent.

They are sending the scratch biopsy out to look for any infection in my lining. We are not testing for the Beta-3 Integrin as I had that test in the past, and it indicated I was not missing the protein. If there is some sort of issue with my lining from this recent biopsy, I need to treat it with antibiotics and then decide if I want to push my next FET back to January, instead of November.

It took me 8 fresh IVF cycles to get these last 3 normal embryos, so I will need to think this through carefully. As much as I hate waiting, the logical me is saying I need to transfer under optional conditions. I have about a week to decide.

Edited to add: The results are back, and I do not have endometritis. And yes, I am surprised.

Protocol for FET #3

My next FET will vary from my last one in a number of ways. To prep, I am going to do an endometrial scratch and a long course of antibiotics (to treat any possible infection). My last cycle, I had a combo saline sonogram/mini scratch. While my doctor doesn’t put much stock in the scratch, he is willing to do it as it cannot hurt our outcome.     We are also going to follow my natural cycle, with supplementation of estrace and progesterone, only as needed.  There will be 0 medicated suppression.  The immune protocol will remain the same.

Let’s be honest, things aren’t very positive here right now.   We’ve been actively pursing infertility treatments since March 2011 and we have 0 living children.   Short of using a gestational carrier, there isn’t much more we can do to make this work.

Supplements (daily):
Vitamin E (400-600iu), Vitamin D (2000iu), Calcium (500mg twice a day), and Fish Oil (1000mg)

FET Medications
Prenatals
Estrace Pills (Oral)
Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate (100ml / 2m l)
Doxycycline (for 2 weeks)

Immune Medications
Metanx
Baby aspirin
Prednisone 20mg
Lovenox (30mg 2x a day until first ANTI-Xa)
Intralipids

Minor Meltdown, Nothing Trivial

I’d be lying if I said I was not freaking out right now.   I am calm, but I am worried sick.

This morning, my lining was at a 10.6 and I was given the green light for transfer. Tomorrow.

Cue the tears… on and off, for 3+ hours now.   Thankfully (?) It has yet to escalate into snot sobbing.

It has just been a long 3+ year journey to get to this exact moment AND I assume (hope) the damn Estrace is making me hyper emotional too?

This is How I Feel.

A bullet list of what’s goin’ on:

    • We have a date for transfer. We’ve hand picked the doctor, the uterus whisperer, and he of the highest transfer success rate at our clinic.   This is a “perk” of being a challenging case.
    • We have agreed to participate in an study wherein, prior to said transfer, they will wash my uterus with HCG. Rumor has it this will aid in embryo implantation. That would be fantastic.
    • I have another lining check tomorrow. On Monday, my lining was at an 8, type 1. After the check, we will sign and turn in our consent forms.
    • While my uterus is very compatible with Estrace, my head is not. I am still suffering from horrible headaches and significant exhaustion.   They upped my dose yesterday too.  Bastards.
    • The balance of my meds were just ordered. Including but not limited to, Neevo for the MTHFR and more Lovenox (always Lovenox). Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate to commence on Friday. Righto.
    • This upcoming transfer (our first) will take place approximately 15 months after our first RE appointment, 3 IVFs, and a lot of heartache.
    • And at this point, there is nothing else we can do to guarantee this embryo will stick.