Scratch Off

I had a lining scratch/biopsy yesterday and I also requested an updated E2 blood draw. My doctor and I discussed how my body held on to the Delestrogen inordinately longer than most others. In fact, it took 50+ days to recalibrate my cycle after the medicated FET. I was happy to learn my E2 finally dropped (from 237 to 81) so a proper bleed is imminent.

They are sending the scratch biopsy out to look for any infection in my lining. We are not testing for the Beta-3 Integrin as I had that test in the past, and it indicated I was not missing the protein. If there is some sort of issue with my lining from this recent biopsy, I need to treat it with antibiotics and then decide if I want to push my next FET back to January, instead of November.

It took me 8 fresh IVF cycles to get these last 3 normal embryos, so I will need to think this through carefully. As much as I hate waiting, the logical me is saying I need to transfer under optional conditions. I have about a week to decide.

Edited to add: The results are back, and I do not have endometritis. And yes, I am surprised.

With a Clearer Mind

Adios insomnia and stomach acid. It’s amazing what a (temporary) drop in my prednisone dosage, as well as some Ambien and Zantac can do for a girl. Edited to add: The stomach acid has returned. Meh.

Right now I am in a waiting period.

On CD3, my estrogen was 237, when it should be below 50. WTF? My doctor believes my body is “metabolizing estradiol slowly post-FET.” Hey, ya think? I have the option to take Provera, but I think prefer to let my body get back to “normal” on it’s own before we try another FET.

And of course now we have to start to plan around holiday lab closures.

I’ve also been in communication with Dr. Braverman’s financial team, as I have an interest in his embryologist (who is supposed to be brilliant with MFI) and a possible hail mary egg retrieval with his practice. However the costs are looking to be fairly prohibitive. Dr. Braverman’s policy is that you must pay out of pocket for things that my insurance will cover due to MFI, like ICSI and CCS biopsies. It looks like ICSI is covered by insurance, so we made a appointment to chat with Dr. Braverman in November.

I think the way forward is a more natural FET and if that fails I will consider another egg retrieval. My RE and I discussed this plan and he told me I was a “tough cookie.” I told him I just had perspective and didn’t think whining and crying was going to get me a baby. But that is the subject for another post.

Newsflash: Life is Unfair.

I have debated posting this, but after some thought, I think there are some important lessons to learn here, so while this is now live to my readers, I am not posting for pity and the comments on this post have been turned off. Life is unfair, and one thing I am not, is a whiner.  There are worse things to suffer from than this, and I remind myself of that often.

Recently, we transferred a hatching, CCS normal embryo and the cycle resulted in no pregnancy.   There was a significant immune protocol in place and my lining was at 11 and it was triple-striped.   I did acupuncture and followed an anti-inflammatory diet too. The lesson:  even the most perfect of circumstances can result in a BFN.  Another lesson: Just because you have a chromosomally normal embryo doesn’t mean you are guaranteed a BFP.

I had a lot of symptoms leading up to my BFN, all of which can be contributed to the medications, especially the progesterone. That’s another good lesson:  those symptoms? They are from the medications.

My next FET is already scheduled and we will be following a more natural FET protocol vs. what we did recently, a more medicated FET. If this cycle results in another BFN, I will immediately start IVF#9 and do another retrieval.

Proposed Immune Protocol for FET

Supplements (daily):
Vitamin E (400-600iu), Vitamin D (2000iu), Calcium (500mg twice a day), Fish Oil (1000mg), and Probiotics

FET Medications
Prenatals
Lupron 10 units
DelEstrogen Injections
Estrace Pills
Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate (100ml / 2m l)
Doxycycline

Immune Medications
Metanx
Baby aspirin
Prednisone 20-30mg
Lovenox (30mg 2x a day until first ANTI-Xa)
Intralipids